• Generating content ideas in collaboration with Education department senior management
• Managing a small team of staff editors and interns to produce original content, including text and multimedia materials, for CFR’s educational products
• Ensuring all educational content is written according to Council style and with World101/Model Diplomacy tone
• Overseeing research processes by setting deadlines, reviewing research and writing, and monitoring project progress
• Communicating with and interviewing experts on a wide-range of topics
• 4+ years of related experience in a deadline-driven environment
• Prior experience in leading a team
• Degree in international relations, history, journalism, or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated interest in international relations and global news
• Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and proofreading skills
• Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to independently balance multiple projects. Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to interact with editors, creative vendors, experts, and senior management
• Experience with digital publishing, web production best practices, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.