The Council on Foreign Relations is creating innovative educational resources, which seek to equip students and the interested public with the skills, knowledge, and perspective—the global literacy—required to understand the forces, ideas, and institutions that shape our world. These resources include World101, a growing library of multimedia primers explaining the fundamentals of international relations and U.S. foreign policy; and Model Diplomacy, a multimedia simulation program that invites participants to role-play in the context of National Security Council and UN Security Council meetings. Both products come with an array of teaching resources and activities aimed at high school and college instructors and their students.
The Video Producer will generate video ideas in collaboration with Education department senior management and produce short video segments and series for Education products.
• 4+ years of related experience in a deadline-driven environment writing scripts for a general audience and providing creative critiques
• Degree in international relations, history, journalism, or related field
• Experience directing animation and/or coordinating production teams, booking interviews, and researching photos and video
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to synthesize complicated ideas and concepts into multimedia content for a general audience
• Demonstrated interest in international relations and global news
• Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to independently balance multiple projects; proven ability to meet deadlines
• Experience with digital publishing, web production best practices, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.