The Digital Marketing and Communications Assistant is responsible for ensuring high quality execution of social and advertising efforts. This individual will help to develop, execute, and report on effective and creative marketing campaigns to promote CFR, its experts, and its products and initiatives.
We are looking for a high-achieving and creative professional who feels as comfortable creating engaging social content as he/she does developing analytics-based insights to inform future work. This individual should be comfortable interpreting complicated material and making this material understandable for a variety of audiences.
• Assisting with CFR’s social media strategy and presence, including creating and posting content to CFR’s institutional Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts.
• Assisting with CFR’s advertising efforts, including day-to-day management of CFR’s AdWords search engine marketing campaigns.
• As-needed support for media relations colleagues.
• Measuring and conducting preliminary analysis of the performance of CFR’s social media and other marketing campaigns.
• Trend-spotting and identifying new and efficient venues for marketing CFR, its fellows, and/or its various products and initiatives.
• Staffing media registration and fielding media inquiries, including “on call” shifts on weekends to field interview requests.
• Occasionally working with CFR’s external design team to develop marketing assets.
• Other departmental duties as assigned.
• Minimum of one year of experience in marketing, social media management, advertising, audience development, brand strategy, or related role with experience contributing to an institutional social media presence.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field with high academic achievement
• An “eye” for digital design, including basic experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
• Experience analyzing web, advertising, and/or social media analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.) to make decisions.
• Outstanding written, visual, and oral communications skills, including writing social media and advertising copy and building presentations.
• Proven ability to work effectively and proactively in a fast-paced team environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is a must.
• Experience and familiarity with media and online news preferred.
• Interest in current U.S. foreign policy and international affairs issues.
• Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.