The Council on Foreign Relations is creating innovative educational resources, which seek to equip students and the interested public with the skills, knowledge, and perspective—the global literacy—required to understand the forces, ideas, and institutions that shape our world. These resources include World101, a growing library of multimedia primers explaining the fundamentals of international relations and U.S. foreign policy; and Model Diplomacy, a multimedia simulation program that invites participants to role-play in the context of National Security Council and UN Security Council meetings. Both products come with an array of teaching resources and activities aimed at high school and college instructors and their students, as well as the interested public.
The Assistant Director will work under the direction of CFR’s Vice President, Education to provide support for departmental initiatives, including marketing, strategic partnerships, group convenings, and media production. Qualified candidates will have related experience that requires judgment, strong writing and editing ability, research, and time management skills. Current opportunities are on a fully remote basis through the end of calendar year 2020.
• Drafting, editing, proofreading, fact-checking, and tracking marketing materials, including for social media, digital and print campaigns, and marketing decks
• Managing World101’s and Model Diplomacy’s social media profiles and presence, including on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
• Generating analytical reports using vendor-specific dashboards to track KPIs of various campaigns
• Managing email newsletters, including template design, calls-to-action, content, and performance
• Acting as liaison between the Vice President and departmental staff, other CFR departments, consultants, and external parties, prioritizing needs and flagging deadlines for marketing activities and associated content production
• Providing logistical and project support for marketing-related activities
• Degree in a related field, with high academic credentials
• A minimum of 4 years of related experience, including related marketing administration experience
• Excellent judgment and discretion
• Strong writing, research, and time management skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities, including proofreading and editing skills
• Proficiency in word processing, Excel, and database management
• Prior CRM experience
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of current foreign policy and education issues preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.