The Program Assistant will work under the direction of the Vice President of Meetings and Membership. The Membership team coordinates the selection process of new members, and serves as the front-facing department for CFR’s 5,000 members in order to enhance their member experience.
• Work closely with the Membership team to provide general administrative support.
• Respond to inquiries via phone and email regarding the application process, member dues, and member accounts online.
• Provide support with membership billing process and improving navigability for members on the Member Services Portal.
• Ensure quality of membership applications for three application cycles per year.
• Support the Council’s diversity and inclusion efforts for its membership.
• Maintain member and candidate information in CRM database.
• Research and compile member information and report on member activity, membership trends and statistics.
• Staff new member events, committee meetings, general meetings, and conferences.
• Minimum one year of related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field with high academic achievement.
• Highly organized with ability to independently prioritize competing deadlines and manage a range of responsibilities with high efficiency and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience with high-profile individuals a plus.
• High level of proficiency in MS Word and Excel and database management experience.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
• Flexible schedule to staff events as needed.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.